P6 Expense Dump and Filter
Dumping Expenses to Excel and Filtering by year.
Being able to manipulate P6 data in Excel can sometimes be helpful. Here is a case where I copied expenses from Primavera P6 and pasted them into Excel to filter out a certain year’s data.
1. In the Expense view, type Ctrl A to select all
a. Right click and choose Copy
2. In Excel, right click and choose Paste
3. Select the top row containing the column titles, Row 1
a. Select the AZ funnel icon, then Filter
4. Select the Fiscal Year drop down arrow and select the year you would like to see data on:
5. Now data from only 2011 is selected: